Tuesday, April 19, 2011

one. two. cha cha cha...

So all my life I've had this secret dream of being a dancer. I have taken classes from hip hop, jazz, ballet, tap, clogging, turns, and musical theatre. I have pretty much tried it all. But one day I saw a recording of myself in a performance and said hmmm lets find another hobby. Or maybe it was once my teacher made me and my best friend be the guys in a dance...I just knew then and there that dancing wasn't going to be my forte. Lets just say for all you Saturdays Warriors fans out there, I felt a lot like Pam at this moment. But hey its ok I found myself in other areas down the road and moved on ha. But of course I still like to dance every once and while!

So last week my friends and I finally gave in to going salsa dancing at the Salsa Chocolate on Center street. My friend Tyler has been bugging me for months to go so we finally made it happen. I had been country dancing before, but didn't know quite what to expect at salsa night. Oh man let me tell ya, if you ever want to feel like you're in south america. This is the PLACE to go. I danced the night away with 3 pedros, 6 carlos, and 4 angelos (everyone just happened to have those three names).  Learned some sweet moves and basically had the night of my life! It was such a good time and I hope to go more! I may not be professional salsa dancer but I'll defy my dance teacher and show her I got the moves.

Yup thats me. Hahaha not really obviously....its a bit of a scandal. I definitely danced with some speciasl like this tho ha. I seriously had such a fun time! There were some chesters but totally worth it! Anyways, Happy Finals Week BYU students...cuz thats my life this week!! But really...everyone needs to try it out sometime in their life, they won't regret : )

3 comments:

  1. "I don't care how I get to earth, Just as long as I can DANCE!"
    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha I love you so much more because you know that quote hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah can you imagine what kind of dancing would go down if you wore that to salsa? i'd be really, really worried for you if you weren't a good 6 inches taller than most of the men in there :P

    ReplyDelete