Friday, April 24, 2009

from Provo....to denver...to kansas city...to columbus ohio...we're ALMOST to DC!!!

Me and Liz have now driven 3 days on our cross country excursion to DC.
Surprisingly the drive hasn't been too bad except i'm pretty sure I found an STD in my hotel bed tonight which is NOT my idea of a good nights rest. 
Hopefully I don't come back with Syphilis or Gonorrhea.

***


This is the beautiful "Ellsworth, Kansas" in tribute to my favs Rascal Flatts 
so naturally I had to take a moment of silence
I'll just give a little summary of me and Liz's trip so far...
DAY ONE
saw really disturbing gray skies
liz saw her first tumbleweed and shouted for joy
ate A LOT of chocolate covered banana chips
stopped at a lookout point that had creepy men selling jewelry
jammed out to knock you down on REPEAT
stopped at Chick-fil-A for dinner
had a really interesting drive through aspen colorado
had an hour drive trying to find our hotel
realized colorado is not a place we would ever want to live
DAY TWO
drove through ellsworth kansas <3
saw a lot of....grass...cows...windmills and dirt for about 5 hours
got pulled over and luckily just got a warning!! watch out for them kansas cops
worked out in our hotel gym
wanted to go hot tubbin but don't worry it was cleaning week!
 DAY THREE
drove through 3 states today!!
drove under the arch in st. louis...saw the ghetto
had my first meal at steak 'n shake...got to know our hostess audrey very well
got a really awesome look from liz when I asked what state Indianapolis was in
i have the privilege of staying at a super 8 motel...liz really appreciates this
pretty sure i found and STD on the bed
getting excited to FINALLY be in DC tomorrow!!!

I feel like I will NEVER want to leave!!
SERIOUSLY...i LOVE roadtrips

OH AND...pretty sure I stalked the blog rockstar diaries for 2 hours
I want their lives!!
Tomorrow i am making my summer list of all the things I want to do...
ALL of them will happen : )

#1 on the list:
Become a Better BLOGGER



1 comment:

  1. I knew you would love Rockstar Diaries! Sounds like you are having a great time ... But make sure you come back! Your filled to the brim car misses you!

    ReplyDelete