Thursday, March 10, 2011

There are few movies that make me this happy...


So for as long as I can remember, whenever someone would ask me what my favorite movie is my asnwer would ALWAYS be Anne of Green Gables. Unlike most chidlren, I grew up every Sunday watching musicals like 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Oklahoma, Thoroughly Modern Milly, or Music Man and just about any other lighthearted (sometimes referred to as insane) movie out there. Little did I know that since watching Anne, my life would forever change! : )

I really love everything about it. It's witty, it's funny, it's tender, it's romantic, it's simple...so many things that are so refreshing to watch these days. It literally makes me so happy. It may or may not be the fact that I'm pretty sure Gilbert Blithe was my first "movie" crush of life so all in all its just a really special film to me. Ahhhh I just love it!! : ) It always makes me miss home, and the people in my life that have made me who I am. I just love these quotes and hope that everyone gets to see this movie eventually in their lifetime:

"I know I chatter on far too much... but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't. Give me SOME credit."-Anne


 "I kept looking for my ideals outside myself. I discovered its not what the world holds for you its what you bring to it. The dreams dearest to my heart are right here." -Anne

"I think I would probably come to the conclusion that I'd like it for a while... but in the end, I'd still prefer the sound of the wind in the firs across the brook more than the tinkling of crystal." -Anne


 I don't want diamond sunbursts or marble halls...I just want you." -Anne
 
Gilbert Blythe: "There wouldn't be anyone for me but you...I figured you can give me a hand with my work, and we'll call it a fair exchange."
Anne Shirley: "Aren't you worried? I'm liable to break another slate over your head."
Gilbert Blythe "I'm more worried I might break one over yours, carrots." 



Someday I'll find a Gilbert of my own....until then I'll just keep on watching this movie : )


2 comments:

  1. I think you and I could be kindred spirits! I so enjoyed reading how much you love and appreciate the film. It's dear to my heart as well. Here is a link to a post I wrote about AofGG:
    http://vanessarowanmorrison.blogspot.com/2009/10/would-you-please-call-me-cordelia-anne.html

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts! have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much rowan!! i'll definitely check your post out...I feel we for sure would be kindred spirits if we both love AofGG so much!! Have a wonderful day too :)

    ReplyDelete