Saturday, May 1, 2010

Another year has gone by...

So yesterday was my day of birth...its true.

Birthdays are always a little surreal to me. Especially this one....the big 21.

Growing up as kids we cannot wait for our birthdays to come around. Its like with each year our level of "coolness" goes up. All through middle school you CANNOT wait to be in high school. To be all grown up and mature. You actually WANT people to tell you that you look older. But its weird to finally hit an age where you truly wish for time to SLOW DOWN. I never thought it would feel this weird. Time is a strange thing when you really think about it. It is constantly changing and you can NEVER get it back. I am definitely someone who is too attached to it. I diagnose myself with SENTIMENTALITY...i find myself more than ever reminiscing the past, the good times I have had and missing them. But when I'm having these moments I always think of the saying, "Don't be SAD its over...be GRATEFUL it even happened."

So that was my birthday thought yesterday...be GRATEFUL. Be grateful for everything in life because we never know when we won't have it anymore. Love the things you do have in your life. Don't dwell on the things we used to have or wish we had...we will never find happiness in that. We have to put our trust in the gospel and our Heavenly Father and Savior jesus Christ and just love all that we have. That's what I personally want to work on this year. I am grateful for another birthday ha and the chance to keep improving. Here are some inspiring words to reflect on from the Book of Mormon...my sistas will appreciate this. they always love these : )

2 Nephi 31:20-
Wherefore ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore if ye shall press forward feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold thus saith the Father: ye shall have eternal life.

ANOTHER YEAR HAS GONE BY....Happy Birthday to me : )
Here's a creepy picture given to me by my sista...she is a CHESTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment