Monday, May 17, 2010

CHANGE...

"...through every change, He faithful will remain."
-Be Still My Soul-

I have realized lately that I hate change.
It freaks me out.
I hate the unexpected.
I hate leaving behind what I already know is so good.

Change, out of everything in life, makes me really sad sometimes.
Reminiscing old memories, good times with family and friends, and just different stages of life.
Sometimes I just miss old times in my life.
I miss making home videos with my brothers.
I miss having my mom drive me to school every morning.
I miss papa date nights going to the Blazer Games.
I miss picking up Chucks by her neck and always making her be Abu whenever we played Aladin.
I miss waterskiing trips with Shibby.
I miss the crazy dance days with Meggy.
I miss being able to wear pink leopard pants and two buns in my hair and having no one question my fashion statement (maybe they even actually approved of it?)
I miss old vacations with the family.
I miss being able to lay on my dog's bellies whenever I want to.
I miss our old little blue cottage in Portland (that apparently now is Jesus' House according to a sign on the door).
I miss sista extravaganzas.
I miss TCBY nights with my buddies.
I miss singing.
I miss the crazy Oregon ways...that Utah just hasn't and will NEVER pick up.
I miss ALL the people in my life that have touched me in some way just by who they are...I miss seeing them regularly...
I miss A LOT of things...

But it is possible that CHANGE can bring good.
Maybe even MORE GOOD than we think.
We just have to keep telling ourselves that we are blessed to have these good memories instead of being sad they are over.
But it is OK to miss things sometimes.

I'm not depressed everyone...just having one of those sentimental days.
But also one of those days where I truly am grateful.
Grateful for a life so rich and full of beautiful things and people.
Grateful for a life that is full of tender mercies from a loving Heavenly Father who blesses every day.
Grateful for the knowledge of a Savior who saved us, who provided a way for us to have eternal life and live with our Heavenly Father someday. Who lifts our burdens and is always there when we need Him.
Grateful for eternal families and the wonderful one I've been blessed with
Grateful for humor.
Grateful for LIFE.
Grateful HE is in EVERYTHING.

This little excerpt from one of my favorite NEEDTOBREATHE songs, Something Beautiful, explains how we feel sometimes...we just crave something real and lately its just how I've been feeling. I know its coming...

***

In your ocean, I'm ankle deep
I feel the waves crashin' on my feet
It's like I know where I need to be
But I can't figure out, yeah I can't figure out

Just how much air I will need to breathe
When your tide rushes over me
There's only one way to figure out
Will you let me drown, will you let me drown?

And the water is rising quick
And for years I was scared of it
We can't be sure when it will subside
So I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side.

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees.
I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful

***



Life is Beautiful... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment