Saturday, May 15, 2010

One of the HIGHLIGHTS of my life...YES I already am sure of it!!

The night of Tuesday May 11th might have been one of the most amazing nights of my life!! NEEDTOBREATHE came to Salt Lake City and you could say I stopped breathing almost the entire night. I knew they were going to be good but not THAT good. Their new album the Outsiders came out this last fall and I literally liked EVERY song on the album.



They are a kind of folk/rock band. They have a country vibe but can seriously rock out. It was amazing and we might have killed a few people to stand right in the front. The opening act was also pretty good....Stephen Kellogg and The Sixers. It was just a really fun night full of music and of course all kinds of people. Ya gotta love Salt Lake and the special treasures that are made there.

This song is one of my favorites...Something Beautiful...you might recognize!


I really like EVERY song of theirs except a Girl Named Tennessee....you can't go wrong with any of them. I really was impressed with them as people too. You could tell they were real, genuine and kind people. They were from South Carolina and grew up in strong families where church and a belief in God was important to them. If you really listen to their lyrics you'll be able to recognize in almost every one, they are referring to God and their relationship with Him in some way. They truly are some of the most talented people I have ever seen in concert.



And don't worry now we're on a first name basis with each other...we (Jackie, Amanda, and I) may or may not be driving to Reno, Nevada to see their next concert next week! They were UNREAL!!



This is the main singer Bear and their drummer....



And this is the bass guitarist Seth (who was totally hitting on us...haha) and you can see the other lead singer Bo in the background...they were way nice....seriously one of the best nights of my life!! Music truly is a huge part of my life and every time I go to a concert something happens inside of me. It expresses so much of who I am. AHHH I love it!!! See ya guys in RENO : )

2 comments:

  1. Lauren! It's me, Julie your buddy from EFY. I came across your blog. It's so good to see you! Sounds like you had a fun night!

    Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cute girl!!! How've you been??? It's so good to hear from you!!! PS...How did you find my blog?? Hope you're doing good!!!

    ReplyDelete