Friday, May 7, 2010

feelin a little LOVE for my babies....

So today i woke up and thought I REALLY want a dog. I know I have some at home but I NEED one here i Provo. I realized that pets...DOGS primarily fill a spot in my heart that can't easily be replaced. CHEESY I know but it's how I feel ok. So this morning I decided to look through some old photos and naturally my sister and I both have an album dedicated to our pets...normal right?? We like to document their lives too ha. But I just wanted to share some pictures on here that I found so the one person who may read this blog (my mom) can enjoy how cute they are : )

MY HORSES

These are some of our horses Shadow and April (2/4)...I wish I could say I ride them every saturday and that I trained them myself but unfortunately I just enjoy petting them and occasionally riding them whenever papa james goes trail-riding. I did get to see them be born which was amazing...they truly are beautiful animals!!

MY CAT AKA BUM (she's no longer with us)

This tender creature was my prize/gift when I stopped "sucking my thumb". My dad created his own retainer especially for thumb-suckers that had this metal thing that would pinch your thumb whenever you tried sucking. BRUTAL??? I know...but am i now grateful...yes. I'd probably still be sucking my thumb. We picked her up at the provo walmart on a vacation to utah and got to bond with her for 12 hrs in the car ride home.

You could say we had a love-hate relationship. Probably because we dressed her up a lot...

Luckily Jackie was her saving grace...this picture secretly kinda creeps me out but makes me laugh at the same time...

Sadly...callie (her real name but we always called her bum cuz she was the laziest thing of life!!) got hit by a car when I left for school. I say she tried following me to college cuz she couldn't stand me not being there but in reality I think she saw something she wanted to eat and didn't realize she was in the road about to get smashed. It was a sad day tho. She was a pretty crusty cat but she had her tender moments. As Jackie would always say....whenever she cried callie would always be there to lick her tears haha.

MY PUPPIES

Now these cuties are my favorite. I will admit it. I can't express how much i love these two dogs!! Everyone who knows me will tell you how much I love my dogs ha. So the darker one is Laycee...we got her when I was in 7th grade when our cute dog Toby died. The lighter one is Lester...he is Laycee's son when she had puppies...

This is our family picture with her TEN PUPPIES! 3 boys and 7 girls. All of them lived and we got to see them all be born! It really was one of the funnest memories of my life. They were pretty messy and stinky but SO CUTE! So of course we had to keep one of them...

Originally his nickname was "medium" because he was the middle sized male puppy. We weren't planning on keeping him for the longest time but decided he was the cutest in the end. Lester has a couple nicknames that we call him...the first one is pretty obvious where it came from. It's MO....as in MO-LESTER. Lets just say he doesn't know the meaning of personal space. The second one is Moses. I don't really know where this came from but it just stuck.

SO CUTE!!

Laycee also has a nickname....MARIA...again don't really know where it came from but we like it.

She isn't really allowed in the family room but sometimes we can't get mad at her when she looks as cute and innocent as this.

I LOVE MY PETS!!!!


This may be the creepiest blog post you ever read but I had to give a little shout out to my pets. Sometimes I just have to write out tender thoughts : )

No comments:

Post a Comment